Wednesday 5 October 2011

Ebro kayaking

On Sunday we kayaked down a 12km section of the river Ebro.

I thought that this was going to be a terrifying ordeal - the Ebro is huge. I feared huge depths, vicious currents and lurking giant catfish.

In fact, the stretch we took from Miravet to Benifallet was tranquil, pretty shallow in places and I don't think many fish were going to come anywhere near the 70 or so of us in the kayaking group who were splashing noisily and inexpertly through the water.

The scenery was stunning, the weather was beautiful and by the end I'd almost worked out which side to paddle to turn a corner.

David and me, not kayaking very hard at all, middle right

Miravet from the Ebro

Thank you very much to Jane Shaw for the pics.

Check out the blog post of our fellow kayakers, Linda and Steve, at La Vida Artesania

The kayaking company was BeniEmocions.

No comments:

Post a Comment